Boston, Massachusetts Reciprocal Club – Harvard Club of Bostonhttp://www.harvardclub.com
374 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, Massachusetts 02215-2860
Tel: (617) 536-1260
Fax: (617) 536-0175
Overnight Accommodations: Yes
- The Club was busy with a large function the Saturday evening we stayed there. The paid parking behind the club was convenient. The location is convenient to many areas of Boston as well as a short drive or Uber to Cambridge. The rooms were clean, comfortable and neat. The resturant/bar for breakfast was very nice and the staff were warm and friendly. We will be back. Nov 2022.
- Posted 10/31/2021 - Convenient Back Bay location walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Welcoming helpful staff in a small traditional lobby. Cozy bar and restaurant with good cocktails and well prepared food and friendly service. Rooms are comparable to those at the Marine Club—-dated, somewhat austere, minimal bathroom, but comfortable beds. The ambiance would cause us to return, if not the accommodations. - Michael Urette
- In 2016, the Harvard Club at Commonwealth Avenue completed a significant renovation, to include its first floor restaurant and bar area, thus greatly improving the physical condition of the club. Food and drink are excellent and reasonably priced with good service. The club is well worth a visit.
- The Harvard club is adequate at best. The employees try their best but the physical condition of the aged club is disturbing. Location is good re Newbury street. The disabled would be hard pressed to adjust to this aged building. 25 rooms are available.
- My wife and I, plus our son in another room, spent three nights at the Harvard Club in January 2014. Our room was beautiful and we enjoyed the buffet breakfast. The staff was a great help in getting us taxies in the bitter cold.
- Stayed here with my wife for the night. Great club - Great location. Our room was a standard room in the original building, small by today’s standards but still very nice. Very few rooms face Commonwealth Ave; ours was on the 5th floor (highest floor) view limited but not a big deal at all. Very quiet. Our room was ready when we arrived at Noon. Parking out back - $32 a day, reasonable. Club sits on Commonwealth Ave, Beacon Street is to the left and Newbury Street is to the right. 20 minute walk to Boston Common. We had lunch at the Grill Room - Atmosphere is casual and the food was Outstanding. Highly recommend dining here. The Harvard Club has two locations in Boston, the main hotel on Commonwealth Ave and a second Dining location on the 38th floor of 1 Federal Street in the Financial District. This is where my wife and I had dinner. One of the best views you will find in the city – Bar on one side of the building, dining room on the other. Again the food and service was Outstanding. We will be visiting again in the future
- My wife and I stayed two nights at the Harvard Club on Commonwealth Ave. This isa wonderful location if you enjoy walking as Commonwealth Avenue is divided by a park similar to San Francisco's Panhandle but much better maintained. From here you can walk directly to downtown Boston through Boston Commons and directly on to the Freedom Trail. This Harvard Club location is a beautiful, older facility and will remind you of Oxford or Cambridge. We enjoyed the bar and restaurant and found the staff friendly and attentive. Our room was very large and nicely appointed. However, our room did not face Commonwealth Avenue and there was significant road noise. A room on the Commonwealth Avenue side would not have this issue. Overall we very much enjoyed our stay. We appreciated that the dress code is "Business Casual".
The College Club of Bostonhttp://www.thecollegeclubofboston.com/
44 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
Tel: (617) 536-9510
Overnight Accommodations: Yes
- Stayed at this club for one night on 4-10-2022. Here is my review. Pros: 1. Excellent price for downtown Boston. 2. Tremendous location to everything Boston has to offer. 3. The free continental breakfast was more than just pastries. Cons: 1. No TV in the rooms. 2. No bar/open restaurant at this location. 3. Bed was uncomfortable. Think of it as B&B Club!