A top-rated San Francisco Hotel is just the beginning…
Membership to the Marines’ Memorial Club is a benefit for those who have served honorably in any branch of the United States Armed Forces. Join today!
Members receive the following benefits:
- Access to the Marines’ Memorial Club & Hotel in San Francisco
- Member rates and packages for overnight accommodations
- Members-only Happy Hour
- Chesty’s Bar and Leatherneck Steakhouse
- Marines’ Memorial Theatre
- Access to over 240 reciprocal clubs all over the world
- Networking opportunities with Currently Serving and Veteran communities
- Invitations to special events: Marine Corps Birthday Ball, George P Shultz lecture series, holiday brunches, and more
- Eligibility to apply for annual scholarships
- Crossroads of the Corps quarterly magazine
- Direct support of our mission – honoring the legacy of military service through programs that commemorate, educate, and serve Veterans of all eras and their families
FAQ for MMA membership
The Marines’ Memorial is a non-profit Veterans organization with a mission to honor the legacy of military service. Our mission is supported by a membership base of 20,000 members and supporters around the world. Founded in 1946, our flagship Club & Hotel is located in Union Square in San Francisco.
Membership is open to US Veterans of all branches who served honorably as well as those currently serving (Active Duty or Reserves) in the US Armed Forces.
- Access to our Club & Hotel in San Francisco, member rates & special packages
- Subscription to our quarterly publication, Crossroads of the Corps
- Reciprocity with over 240 private clubs around the globe
- Invitations to “Meet the Author” programs highlighting national defense and military history
- Invitations to our George P Shultz Lecture Series featuring current military leaders
- Invitations to the annual Birthday Ball, New Years Eve Party, and holiday brunches
- Members and their children/grandchildren qualify to apply for our Scholarship Program, which awards up to $100,000 each year to selected students
- Your membership supports the Marines’ Memorial’s mission to honor the legacy of military service through programs that commemorate, educate and serve Veterans of all eras and their families
- Veteran membership is $150 annually, plus a $50 initiation fee to join or reinstate
- Membership for those currently serving in the US Armed forces is $35 annually
Prospective members must fill out a membership application form (online or paper), submit proof of service in the US Armed Forces, and submit payment. Proof of service includes:
- DD214 (preferred)
- Honorable discharge papers
- Retired ID card
For Active Duty or those in the Reserves:
- Current CAC card
- Most recent LES + a valid Driver’s License
You can request a new DD214 online through the National Archives: https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/index.html
Or by writing to:
National Military Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63132
Once we receive your finalized application, payment, and proof of service, it generally takes 2 business days to process a new membership. If we do not receive all the necessary pieces, your membership will be “pending.”
We would be glad to have you back! Please call our membership department at 415-673-6672 ext 223 or email Member@marineclub.com to check if you are still in our membership database. If you are still in the database, we will only need payment and your current information (address, marital status, etc) to re-instate your membership. If you are no longer in our database, you will be required to fill out a new application.
The best way to buy a gift of membership is to buy a gift certificate valued at $200 and present that gift certificate to your friend along with a membership application. We need the application to be filled out and signed by the Veteran. Please call 415-673-6672 ext 223 to purchase a gift certificate over the phone.
A limited number of “surviving spouses” may receive membership benefits. Please email Member@MarineClub.com with your name and address to request a special application. Do not fill out a standard membership application.
Unfortunately, no. The Marines’ Memorial Association is a 501(c)(19) Veterans non-profit organization and must comply with IRC 170(c)(3). With this specific IRS designation, we are required to have a membership of 90% war veterans. If we do not meet this requirement, we risk losing the ability to accept tax-exempt donations. For more details on this rule, you may visit the IRS website here: https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/other-non-profits/veterans-organizations
And here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopice85.pdf (page 7)
Civilians may visit the Marines’ Memorial as a guest of an active Marines’ Memorial member. This will allow you use of the Club & Hotel at “Guest of Member” rates, which is slightly more than what members pay, but still a good rate for San Francisco. Guests of members are not permitted to use Reciprocal Clubs.
- Active foreign military may not apply for membership, but may use the Marines’ Memorial Club & Hotel at Veteran member rates. If you have an active US military ID that indicates you have a Uniformed Services Affiliation, you may stay at the Hotel at the Active Duty rate (restrictions apply).
- We allow a very limited number of Allied veterans to apply for membership with the Marines’ Memorial, based on our current percentage of war veterans (see IRS guidelines above). These Allied members must be approved by the Board of Directors. To inquire about applying as an Allied member, please email the Director of Membership, Mackenzie Jakoubek, at email@example.com. Do not fill out a standard membership application.
Per Marines’ Memorial by-laws, you may add your adult children (not in-laws) who are 21 years or older and have not served in the US Military to your membership. You may also add your parents if they are non-military. The cost is $50 per guest card. Please call the Membership Department to pay over the phone with a credit card: 415-673-6672 ext 223 or ext 224. Adding card holders can be done at any time during your annual membership, however, all card holders will expire the same time as the primary member.
For all levels of membership, the spouse listed on your membership record may keep his or her benefits (Life and Benefactor surviving spouses do not need to pay, annually paying Veteran member spouses will need to pay each year). If your spouse is not listed on your membership, s/he will need to apply for the Surviving Spouse program (details above).
Memberships can not be passed to the next generation. Once the “primary” member (person who served in the US Military) and the spouse pass, children can not continue to use the Marines’ Memorial as members, even if they held cards at one point. This rule applies to Life, Benefactor, and annually paying memberships.
Please note spouses of Allied members and Surviving Spouse members are not eligible to continue receiving member benefits after the original card holder passes.
Word-of-mouth is our best marketing tool! If you are an active member of the Marines’ Memorial Association, we hope you will refer your friends to be members. If a new Veteran member signs up and indicates that you referred him/her, you will receive 1 night free at the Club & Hotel! Some restrictions apply: 1) the new member must be a paid Veteran membership; 2) certificates are sent quarterly; 3) certificates can not be transferred, replaced, or used beyond the expiration date; and 4) certificates are good on standard hotel rooms, Sunday-Thursday only.