Barcelona – Circulo del Liceohttp://www.circulodelliceo.es
La Rambla, 65
08002 – Barcelona, Spain
Tel: 34 93 318 79 25
- Posted on June 10, 2018 at 1:19 am - Elegant club adjacent to Barcelona Opera. Welcoming staff and members, many of which came over to greet us. Museum quality artwork The best collection of Ramone Casas . An elevator and roof view that would be worth the trip in itself. This is a MUST SEE when visiting Barcelona. Contacted staff prior to trip and they were very helpful scheduling reservation. Adjacent to La Rambla - Linda McCue
Barcelona, Spain Reciprocal Club – Circulo Ecuestrehttp://circuloecuestre.es
Balmes 169 Bis
Tel: 011 34 93 415-6000
Overnight Accommodations: Yes
- Posted on March 2, 2017 at 7:50am - "We stayed three nights here in February. A great location for transportation or walking to visit this wonderful city. The rich history and beauty of the club, the food, professional atmosphere just so outstanding. The courteous and professional staff goes above and beyond to assist you from your reservations to your departure. Has my highest recommendation….." - Frank Williamson
- In September we stayed here over three nights. The facilities are amazing! Located in a very convenient area, within Barcelona, near public transportation. The food is a gourmet treat. The staff is among the best we have experienced anywhere; kind, friendly and professional.They arranged for our taxis, tour tickets, and offered general information. They were above and beyond our expectations.
- We enjoyed our stay. The Club is quite elegant, steeped in Spanish tradition. One highlight was the gin and tonic made at the club bar. Breakfast was a treat. The weekday coat and tie rule is a antiquated, but it is not a weekend or summer requirement. Wonderful service.
- This past September we spent three nights at the club. It was magnificent in every respect. The location is perfect as a spot for privacy, relaxation and activity base for this wonderful city. From the moment we arrived till we departed the staff was congenial and efficient. We were welcomed and well served. The dining was the best of our entire two month trip through France, Spain and Italy. We will go back.
- Stayed two nights at the Circulo Ecuestre while attending a family wedding in Barcelona in July and was thoroughly impressed. Excellent location at Balmes and Diagonal, close to Las Rambles, metro and other public transport. Clean, quite and modern room. Excellent breakfast (included in rate). The staff also helped me write comments in Catalan for the card I prepared for the bride and groom. Good value for money (especially their weekend rate). Three and four star hotels in that area easily start at +150 Euros a night.
- We agree with the above comments. We stayed at Circulo Ecuestre the last week in October, 2011. The club is located in a former residence which has museum quality interior architecture in the public rooms. The lodging rooms are spacious and comfortable with a lovely bathroom. Most rooms have twin beds. Sometimes the web site link to their email does not work; we found that emailing directly did make the contact. The staff was very attentive and helpful. Our stay at Circulo Ecuestre made our visit to Barcelona all the more pleasurable.
- We stayed at the Club from October 26-30, 2011. Wonderful location and facilities. Close to the Metro. Fine breakfast each morning. Hospitable and most helpful staff. Reception is staffed Monday through Thursday (8 AM-8:30 P (Friday till 3:30 P) There is always security in the club. If departing on weekends, pay your bill in advance. We will always stay there and recommend to all eligible members. Weekend rates are about 30 euros less.
- I fully agree with the Everett Jones comments. We visited Barcelona before and after a med cruise in late September 2001. The club staff were wonderful and the members I met were friendly and engaging. This is a beautiful old club in the center of the business district. It is close to, but not in, the crush of the Ramblas area. The Diagonal Ave it sits on is a wide beautiful tree lines city artery. Their fixed price dinner was 45 euros including wine, pre-dinner cocktails, a fish and beef entree and wonderful service. Breakfast was included in the room rate which was 140 and 108 euros weekdays and weekends. The staff recommended other good area restaurants and activities. This club is a treasure for those liking a true European Club atmosphere.
- We enjoyed our visit to Barcelona very much. The Circulo Ecuestre is very well located for a Tourist visit. We walked to many of our points of interest. The staff was polite and helpful at all times. We enjoyed dinner one night at the club and it was the best prepared and presented meal of our month in Italy and Spain. We worried about the dress code but it worked out fine when touring we could come and go through the lobby without a coat and tie which was good as summer temperature is not cool. I would not hesitate to stay at he Circulo Equestre and strongly recommend it as a very comfortble, well managed and historic place to stay when visiting Barcelona, Spain.
Brisbane, Australia Reciprocal Club – United Service Club of Brisbanehttp://unitedserviceclub.com.au
183 Wickham Terrace
Brisbane, Queensland 4000
Tel: (61) 7-3831-4433
Fax: (61) 7-3832-6307
Overnight Accommodations: Yes
- Lunch with my wife and a local family member in April 2014. Excellent in all respects. Staff was very helpful. ANZAC day preparations, so the Club was very involved in it, which made the occasion even more worthwhile. Building is spacious, traditional in decor, obviously proud of its heritage and membership. Quiet, relaxed dining; we sat inside, ordered from a full menu, then toured the lodging areas. Highly recommend it.
Brussels, Belgium Reciprocal Club – International Club-Sainte-Annehttp://www.chateau-sainte-anne.be/club/en/presentation/history.html
Rue du Vieux Moulin, 103
Tel: 32 (0) 2 660 29 00
Fax: 32 (0) 2 675 54 44
Overnight Accommodations: No
- May 26, 2014 My wife, Leslie, and I visited the International Club Château Sainte-Anne in Brussels, Belgium on May 14, 2014. We received a most gracious and warm welcome from Ms. Anne Buisseret, Director General. We had a sumptuous lunch following aperitifs in the main bar. The International Club Château Sainte-Anne is located on the former Val Duchese estate that dates back to 1262. It has been rebuilt and restored several times, but the property maintains its stately magnificence and elegance. The club has a historical significance. The idea for the club was born following the signature of the Treaty of Rome, which was negotiated at Val Duchese. To this day, the club counts among its members a large number of diplomatic missions and a multitude of representatives of foreign private organizations. The club is well-worth a visit. It is a most convivial environment within the Maison Européenne where “the elite meet’. Conway B. Jones, Jr. Member Marines’ Memorial Club San Francisco, California U.S.A.